Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Review of Snoopy: First Beagle in Space by Charles M. Schulz


Join Snoopy and the rest of the Peanuts gang as he seeks new milestones in the space race!

Even though the first moon landing was 50 years ago, Snoopy has a bold new mission: to be the first beagle in space! Join Snoopy as he sets out on his ambitious quest, while also leading Woodstock and friends as a Beagle Scout and keeping the company of his owner, the round-headed kid Charlie Brown.


Book Links


**My Thoughts**
I have been a fan of Peanuts for as long as I can remember, even before I could read. But the first book that I vividly remember reading was a Peanuts book. I will never tire of reading the collections. And this one is a great one to add to the collection.

These are all full-colored, starting with comics featuring Snoopy and company talking about outer space and more. You get to see all of your favorite characters and lots of classic clips, many of which are familiar. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy and nostalgic to read these again.

The book appears to be in honor of the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 10 orbiting the moon. That was the mission that adopted Charlie Brown and Snoopy's names as the official call signs of the command module and lunar module. Plus the astronauts used their pictures to explain their mission to kids.

Following the comics are a bunch of space facts and some fun activities for kids to do. And then there is a small section of bonus comics.

Use this for an introduction to the classic Peanuts comics and a little bit of history. I definitely want it in my collection as a fan!

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me a requested review copy. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment